Providing vision care in Anacortes since 1902
Island Optometry began as a jewelry and music shop at the north end of Commercial in 1901. In 1902, H. L. Dodge took a two week course and added an Optical Department to his small Anacortes storefront. The rest, is history.
Scroll down to see a timeline of our practice, with some Anacortes history sprinkled in.
Hartman “Harry” L. Dodge came to Anacortes and opened a drug store
The business expanded and included the following: jeweler, optician, pianos, musical merchandise, Edison and Victrola distributor.
Dr. Edwin Dodge took over his father’s business
Dr. Jack Reid joins the practice and renames the clinic Island Optometry
Dr. Mel Farnsworth joins the practice
Dr. Ashley Ayers joins her father's practice