Dr. Mel Farnsworth, and his daughter, Dr. Ashley Ayers want to welcome you to Island Optometry Clinic. The Clinic is the oldest continuous optometric practice in Anacortes, Washington. Dr. Ed Dodge’s father began selling glasses out of his jewelry store in the early 1900s. Dr. Dodge began the first professional practice of optometry in Anacortes in the 1940s. Dr. Jack Reid subsequently continued the practice through the 1960s until he sold it to Dr. Farnsworth in 1983. Dr. Ayers joined the practice in 2014 and will contiune the long tradition of quality eye care in Anacortes.
Island Optometry Clinic is known for its compassion and care, cutting edge technology, and the desire to provide the best possible eye care. Our staff is well trained, congenial, and willing to go the extra mile to serve you. We will feel honored to provide you and your family with the best possible vision care.
Like your family doctor, we are your first stop for complete eye care.
Services available at our office include:
- Comprehensive visual examination for all ages
- Medical treatment for eye infections, glaucoma, foreign body removal, etc.
- Pre- and post-cataract surgical care
- Pre- and post-laser vision correction care
- Professional contact lens care for all contact lens types
- Large contact lens inventory (including disposables)
- Extensive fashion frame selection
- On site frame adjustments and repair